Does Fitfuel accept health insurance?
- Unfortunately, Fitfuel does not currently accept health insurance or Medicaid.
- Hospitals, dietitians in private practice, and urgent care facilities provide specialized medical nutrition therapy (MNT), an essential medical remedy for speedy client diagnosis and recovery. These clinical facilities regularly accept health insurance.
What experience do you have working with athletes and providing sports nutrition advice?
- Before becoming a sports nutritionist, I was a competitive soccer player and received a full athletic scholarship to the University of Tulsa for women’s soccer. I had a successful athletic career until a season ending injury midway through my senior season. Accolades include team co-captain, NSCA All-American athlete, C-USA “Defender of the Week”, Defensive MVP, and Leadership Award.
- I attended graduate school at the University of Colorado – Colorado Springs and had many valuable experiences with athletes and sports nutrition while completing my Masters degree in Sports Nutrition.
- Graduate Assistant Soccer Coach for the UCCS women’s soccer team.
- Graduate Assistant in Food and Nutrition/Organic farmer at Venetucci Farm in Colorado Springs, CO with duties that included:
- Growing, harvesting, organizing and preparing organic produce for local farmer’s markets and
- Providing a weekly educational display for food preparation and healthy meal design using locally grown seasonal produce to clients at the Farmer’s Market
- Developed nutritionally focused educational signs and interactive games for the Venetucci children’s garden
- Organized several educational sports nutrition demonstrations for the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) winter Olympic teams, including a vegetable smoothie/juicing presentation for the U.S. Speed skating teams.
- Worked in the dining services and nutrition department at the USOC, assisting with food service, meal preparation, menu development, food safety, and team meals in preparation for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
- Worked as the lead sports nutrition contact for many university level teams, including:
- University of Colorado-Boulder football (both individual and team consults)
- CSU-Pueblo football, baseball, soccer, volleyball, golf, and track/field individual consults and team nutrition presentations
How do I schedule an appointment for nutrition services?
- Fitfuel is happy to provide clients with a fast and reliable online scheduling feature.
- Simply click on the “Contact” tab on the Fitfuel website, click on the calendar icon, choose the nutrition service you wish to schedule, and book your appointment.
- Once scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email to verify the date and time of your appointment.
- Payment is due at or before your appointment. Please checkout with PayPal for all online services. If visiting the Fitfuel office for nutrition services, you may bring cash or check at the time of your appointment.
What can I do to prepare for my initial consultation?
- Book your appointment online (see the above question).
- Once we receive confirmation of your upcoming nutrition services, the sports nutritionist will email you two client forms.
- The first form is the Fitfuel Health Assessment form, which screens for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Those with underlying clinical issues will be referred to a trusted medical nutrition specialist.
- Treating underlying complications should be addressed first before focusing on enhancing athletic performance.
- The second form is the Fitfuel Nutrition Assessment & Food Journal
- This informs us of your personal food likes, dislikes, performance goals, personal goals, training regimen, and current dietary intake.
- Gathering this information helps us give you the correct recommendations and nutritional guidelines for your lifestyle and eating habits.